I realise that some of the lecture slides are constantly being repeated....perhaps this is to constantly remind us that these are the more important concepts of the module.
Let me attempt to define the terminologies learnt this week like I always do.
Procedure learning is where one actually does things to demonstrate what one has learnt and so actions are taken to show the level of progress of a person.
Principles learning is the understanding of concepts and ideas and action need not be taken here, in fact all that is needed is probably the brain or if we use a concept here: the mind.
It is mentioned that the 2 toughest Instructional Events for teaching procedures is feedback and practice. I think the reason is because one is unable to control the extent to which a student can progess during practice because it is very dependent on the innate ability of the student or in short how fast the student learns and one is unable to react immediately when given feedback.
This is really a cool module.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment