Thursday, April 23, 2009

Week 1 Reflection

Alright, this is like long overdue but here goes:

At the lecture for the first lesson, we learnt the 3 main perspectives of E-Learning and the basic history of E-Learning.

We were told to come up with a mind-map on the spot which I think we did quite badly on.

We had to hand up a soft copy of a mind-map up and I decided to do it alone as I was quite busy at the time and I did not want to involve others as it would do no good for them and I myself would feel guilty about depending on others.

As it is, I did on what E-learning was about and I think it was alright.

However, for this week, what would be confusing for me would be the 3 perspectives. I am not really sure but here is what I would explain as the 3 perspectives:
1) E-Learning as basic concept of educational delivery or interaction via technology. (This sees E-Learning as using technology as a platform to teach something)
2) E-Learning as computer-based and online method of delivery. (This sees E-Learning as the using the functions of the Internet and/or the computer as a platform to teach something)
3) E-Learning as an educational technique (This sees E-learning from the perspective of a teacher)

I hope my explanations for the above three are correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment